Program And Operations Specialist
|Company||Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario|
|Job Category||Sports and Recreation|
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario is the designated Provincial/Territorial Aboriginal Sport Body (P/TASB) for the province of Ontario, funded through the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport and Sport Canada. ISWO serves all Indigenous Peoples and communities across Ontario, including First Nations, Inuit and Métis, living on and off-reserve, in rural and urban settings, encompassing more than 350,000 Indigenous Peoples in the province.|
ISWO promotes and creates opportunities for participation in sport and cultural activities that promote wellness and positive lifestyles for Indigenous Peoples across Ontario. ISWO is recognized by the Aboriginal Sport Circle (ASC) and the North American Indigenous Games Council, and is the designated sport body for the development, selection and management of Team Ontario, for participation at the National Aboriginal Hockey Championships and North American Indigenous Games.
For more information, please visit iswo.ca.
Position Overview and Description
The Program and Operations Specialist will undertake a variety of program management and administrative tasks. Working with multiple areas, the position will provide leadership to assist in the management aspects of a program/project including administrative support, planning and coordination of tasks, creating documents and resources, and keep information flowing between parties. You will assist in planning and management of ISWO’s programming and activities, as well as carry out important operational duties. The qualified candidate should be organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams, and have project management experience.
The position will help facilitate the effective management of programs according to the organization’s standards. Knowledge of the Indigenous sport sector is considered an asset but not required, however, a drive to succeed and the ability to run with a project and get the work done, is. We’re looking for someone with high energy and a passion for excellence. If you think this describes you, and you’re looking to work with a small, agile team read on.
• Oversee and manage the administrative aspects of ISWO’s programs, events and special projects.
• Support program development by assisting in planning, research and co-ordination of projects and activities.
• Provide project management support for any organizational funds, grants or equipment programs (i.e. Community Sport Fund, Power to Play program, etc.); responsibilities to include initial drafting of guidelines, eligibility and evaluation forms (based on group discussion and input), intake of applications, initial review and assessment, consistent check-ins with successful applicants, and coordination for submission, distribution and storage of final reports and project materials (i.e. infographics, photographs, videos, etc.).
• Assist in drafting templates, forms and documents, in collaboration with ISWO program staff and management.
• Manage the development of a filing system using the Google Suite Platform.
• Maintain contact lists for various groups of stakeholders and update as required; manage the use of a CRM system to track all engagement, stakeholders, and contact.
• Update and maintain office policies and procedures; ensure implementation of policies and practices.
• Identify gaps in processes and propose solutions for a more efficient and effective organization.
• Maintain records and create reports or proposals.
• Provide technical support for technology (video conferencing, presentations etc.).
• Coordinate the packaging and mailing of community information letters, certificates, gifts, etc. for communities and organizations.
• Provide day-to-day administrative and operational support, across the organization to all functional areas.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Implement ISWO’s online community moderation strategy and provide superior quality of customer service and support to the online community, with the help of various communication tools.
• Review and moderate all user-generated content and user profiles (either pre, post or re-active moderation) within forums, comments, images, videos and audio.
• Act as Administrator for the Portal Admin accounts, processing emails, replying to inquiries and complaints, and escalating when necessary.
• Review and approve submitted work for the Standing Bear streams and learning events; communicate with users to indicate work progress, using the built-in admin functions in the My ISWO portal.
• Manage and maintain portal content to ensure information is up to date and accurate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Support the planning, coordination, and administration for various aspects of the 2021 Masters Indigenous Games, including Volunteer Recruitment and Registration, and other administrative and program support functions.
• Development and implementation of an organizational ‘Policies and Procedures Manual’.
• Supporting ISWO’s community engagement strategy by keeping track of engagement efforts and ensuring prepared communications are mailed out and sent to individuals, communities and organizations as required (i.e. community info letters, certificates, thank you letters, gifts from contests, etc.).
• Supporting the sport portfolio through the creation of templates, forms, checklists and other documents to support events, programs and key initiatives.
• A minimum of 3 years related education and/or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience with references, or a combination of both.
• Project management experience with the ability to meet deadlines, monitor the progress and keeping project on track.
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
• Extreme attention to detail, and the ability to filter and focus on priorities.
• Self-starter with a hands-on approach, a good sense of prioritization and the ability to work under pressure in a multi-faceted environment.
• Must have creative and strong research skills including gathering and analyzing data from multiple sources to develop content.
• Excellent interpersonal/networking skills and issues management/problem solving skills.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• A service-oriented, positive, and resourceful personality.
• A proven track record of working independently but also able to work as part of a team.
|Start Date||January 4, 2021|
|Work Settings||Full-Time, 6-month Contract, with Opportunity for Renewal Pending Funding|
|How To Apply||A resume with a cover letter is to be submitted by October 30, 2020. Please submit your application to: “HR – “Program and Operations Specialist” by email at email@example.com or by mail to 1090 Aerowood Drive, Mississauga, Unit #1A, Ontario, L4W 1Y5.|
Indigenous Sport & Wellness Ontario (ISWO) is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest and invite applications from Women, Indigenous People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Preference will be given to Indigenous candidates (First Nations, Métis and Inuit).