Evening Support Worker, Various Locations
|Company||Native Child And Family Services Of Toronto|
|Native Child and Family Services of Toronto is an Aboriginal, community controlled multi-service agency. Our mission is to provide support, ensure safety and enhance the quality of life for Aboriginal families, children, and youth within the greater Toronto area. Our agency works within a holistic framework, which builds on individual and family strengths, and engages clients as partners in identifying issues and their solutions.|
Classification: Contract Full-Time
Location: Men’s Transition House
NCFST is committed to staffing a workforce representative of the Aboriginal population we serve. We encourage First Nation, Metis and Inuit applicants to apply and please self-identify in their cover letter.
Under the direction of the Senior Supervisor, Housing the Men’s Transition House Evening Support Worker will:
• Provide a safe and secure setting by maintaining rules and expectations of the home.
• Provide supervision, support, and education to residents, particularly in the area of life skills and social development.
• Assist residents on an individual basis with their goal setting, and provide ongoing support to each resident in reaching their goals.
• Ensure residents are provided with the appropriate referrals for counselling, groups, classes etc.
• Ensure that equipment, inventory and supplies are maintained and protected.
• Maintain cleanliness of house and perimeter.
• Provide individual support such as crisis intervention, dispute resolution, and other supportive intervention.
• Develop and implement life, social, and cultural development groups.
• Provide written and verbal updates/assessments on the resident’s readiness to participate in programs and activities.
• Address the cultural needs of the residents.
• Provide support to house case manager regarding information, referrals and follow-up services to residents.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files according to specified time lines and provide written reports as requested.
• Represent Native Child and Family Services of Toronto at community level.
• Be available to work Monday to Friday from 4:00pm – 12:00am.
What we are looking for
• Post-Secondary education in the human services field (BSW, CYW, SSW)
• Minimum of one (2) year direct experience in the social work field (preferably in a transitional/group home environment).
• Pass a police record check (Vulnerable Sector)
• Current CPR and First-Aid certificate or willing to complete prior to commencement of employment.
• Knowledge of the resources available for Aboriginal peoples with respect to issues such as homelessness, addictions and mental health.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational skills; initiative, and respect for confidentiality.
• A valid (G) Driver’s License would be an asset.
• Demonstrated understanding, and commitment to, integrating the Native Child and Family Services of Toronto Mission and values in to practice, service and relationships.
• Demonstrated understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices and understanding of an employee’s responsibility under current legislation.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, to maintain effective communication and working relationships, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, tact, sensitivity and build strong internal relationships.
• NCFST requires all employees, contractors, students, and volunteers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, absent of a valid medical exemption or other reasonable consideration pursuant to the Human Rights Code of Ontario
|Salary||$40,032 - $65,292 year 35 hrs/wk.|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please apply by clicking link provided on or before December 7, 2021
We are committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NCFST will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.