Community Health Worker
|Company||Interior Health Authority|
|Job Category||Health Care|
|Are you a Community Health Worker who is interested in working regular guaranteed hours while experiencing a spectacular rural setting? Then come to Kaslo, BC! |
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
This position works a fixed schedule of 40 hours per week. Hours of work are scheduled into split shifts - 08:00 to 14:00 and then 15:30 to 18:00 from Wednesday to Sunday (Monday and Tuesday off). This position is also eligible for an excellent comprehensive benefits package and pension plan.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
For people with certain health issues, age-related limitations or other disabilities, managing everyday tasks can be challenging. The support that we provide through the Home Support program enables clients to recover or simply remain at home rather than in a hospital or care facility – in many cases our visits can be the highlight of their day!
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the home support team in Kaslo is the place for you. Apply today!
|Credentials||• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)|
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle
|Education Requirements||• Grade 12|
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
|How To Apply||https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/kaslo/community-health-worker/602/9503470|