Summer Student - Program Coordinator Broadcasting (Winnipeg)
|Job Details||View attachment|
|Are you currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary program related to Broadcasting? Do you want to complement your knowledge with valuable hands on experience, during your summer break? If you said YES, then we are looking forward to hearing from you.|
Highlights of this Opportunity:
- Prepare, write, edit and review written communication pieces such as RFPS, newsletters and presentations;
- Review applications for first and second window productions and present their analysis of new and returning programs to the Programming Committee;
- Review and record analysis of projects in development;
- Review and record analysis of rough and fine cuts of APTN programs;
- Attend Programming team meetings and record minutes of discussions;
- Assist in communicating with stakeholders;
- Represent APTN at events and seek to maintain the excellent reputation of APTN at all times;
- Coordinate translation requests;
- Ensure secure handling and storage of documents.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
- As this position is funded thru the Canada Summer Jobs program the following requirements must be met; secondary and post-secondary students aged 15 - 30 who were registered as full-time students during the preceding academic year and who intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- A keen eye for the details, strong computer skills;
- Solid time management skills as you will need to meet a variety of set deadlines;
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada's top employers!
Please apply before May 31, 2023.
|Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Languages||English; French Is An Asset|
|How To Apply||Click "Apply Now" |
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Metis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.