Specialist, Indigenous Housing
|Company||Canada Mortgage And Housing Corporation (CMHC)|
|Sector: Client Solutions |
Language Designation: English Essential
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): ZZZ
Salary Range: $74852.60 to $93565.75
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
We’re not your typical government agency
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) exists for a single reason: to make housing affordable for everyone in Canada. We’re mobilizing the expertise and energy of governments, non-profits, lenders, developers, social entrepreneurs and co-ops to create the future of housing. At CMHC, we believe that everyone in Canada should have a place to call home.
Experience a Results-Only Work Environment™ (ROWE™)
At CMHC, we trust you to get the job done. We’ve shifted from managing people to managing work. Each employee is 100% autonomous and 100% accountable. You can choose where you need to be and when you need to be there to meet your objectives. You’re in control of your time and are trusted to make the right decisions.
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. You will provide effective management of the delivery of business activities, including federal funding and programs, and other CMHC initiatives and represent CMHC in Government-to-Government relationships. You will provides effective expertise and guidance on a range of housing strategies in support of key clients and their portfolios, including delivery of cross-functional services and initiatives to advance housing outcomes. You will apply sound risk assessment of applications when making funding decisions, including conducting a financial analysis of the housing proponent, assessing market conditions, analyzing the financial, operational performance of the property and determining adequate security. This will help us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
***This position can be located anywhere in the Atlantic region***
What you will need
• Undergraduate degree in Commerce or Business Administration
• Minimum of five years of related work experience, including some project and/or client relationship management experience.
• Experience working with clients in Indigenous communities or the North is a must.
• Solid knowledge of housing finance, planning, delivery, administration, portfolio management and project maintenance systems, and ability to analyze, reason and work within complex frameworks.
• Knowledge of CMHC housing programs and services available to develop affordable housing for Indigenous Canadians and in the North.
• Superior oral and written communication skills, along with excellent negotiation and presentation skills to deliver complex information to a variety of audiences.
• Comprehensive understanding of Indigenous housing and awareness of social, economic and political trends affecting the provision of housing.
• Demonstrated relationship management abilities and negotiation skills, including persuasive discussions and presentations to small and large groups of senior officials.
• Political and cultural sensitivity, specifically possess a solid knowledge of Indigenous culture and traditions.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and foster key partnership relations that will facilitate the achievement of improvement objectives.
• A valid driver’s license, as this position requires some travel, including site visits.
• Travel is required throughout assigned region by road and plane.
What you will be doing
• Provide advice and guidance to senior management to ensure effective, efficient and coordinated delivery of products and services to targeted senior clients and to ensure consistent application of policies and practices.
• Represent CMHC in interactions with clients and partners to discuss CMHC's full suite of programs and products
• Provides effective expertise and guidance on a range of housing strategies in support of key clients and their portfolios, including delivery of cross-functional services and initiatives to advance housing outcomes
• Gather and share valuable client information, intelligence to support the relationship between CMHC and key clients.
• Develop and maintain client relationships, and play a key role with regional decision-makers at all levels while ensuring that CMHC programs and services are delivered in a way that meets both client needs and CMHC objectives.
• Leverage cross-functional collaboration to enhance client experience, resolve issues and promote business synergies.
• Identify client needs and provide intelligence to other teams, leading to the development of improved products and processes to meet changing needs
• Support CMHC objectives by ensuring efficient communication of messages and information related to changes in affordable housing policy or program direction.
• Develop and execute plans and strategies under a key account management framework to develop solid client relationships, deliver initiatives and identify solutions that meet the unique needs of clients and stakeholders.
• Ensure an appropriate level of risk awareness (incl. political) and the implementation of a risk-based culture within the area of responsibility.
|How To Apply||Does this sound like you?|
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: May 29, 2020 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4642
Primary Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.
CMHC is an employer that values diversity and encourages the learning and use of both Canada's official languages. CMHC is committed to employment equity and actively encourages application from women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities
*If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.